Friday, October 24, 2014

A Toast to a Retired Colonel

Day 32:  It was a very busy day today.  I was honored to be able to attend the retirement of a good friend today from the Air Force after 35 yrs of service.  He is now officially a retired Colonel.

I was not surprised to see the room packed--more full than I have seen in any of the other retirement ceremonies I have attended. What struck me the most is that a good number of the people he invited had been mentors to him at one point or another in his career. Some may look at this distinguished visitor list and be in awe of the brass. What I saw was a host of people who put their time into a man, helping him to become a great leader, role model, and friend.

A quick doodle-toast to my friend Dave!  May your next chapter be a blessing!

Please, God, bless!

"And when his time of service was ended, he went to his home." Luk 1:23 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment