Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Holy Superhero, Batman!

Day 29:  "I'm Batman!"   Okay, okay, really I'm not. 

I was watching Teen Titans with my kid today, and they had a crazy episode where Robin had to "cave-sit" for Batman while he was away.  The rest of the superhero team is in AWE of Batman and proceeds to get into all of his cool Bat-gear.  When the bad guys show up, they take them out with the super-cool Bat-weaponry.  Afraid of what Batman would say about the mess when he got back, Robin promptly spray-painted the signature of the Joker.  It was pretty funny. 

It got me to thinking....I have days where I would LOVE some Bat-gear....like some Bat-tape and Bat-rope.  Especially sitting in some of these routine, boring discussions at work, I can almost hear the soundtrack and see my Bat-self leap from the chair, plop my Bat-tape across the debating mouths, string up the briefer with my Bat-rope and feel good about being a Superhero, saving the masses from another bad meeting.  POW!

It's fun to daydream about having Super Powers. But the reality is I don't need them.  I have a Superhero who is always there to defend me, strengthen me, and save me.

Please, God, bless!

"Among the lamp stands there was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash around his chest. His head and his hair were white like wool, in fact, as white as snow. His eyes were like flames of fire, his feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of raging waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword. His face was like the sun when it shines with full force." Rev 1:13:16

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment