Friday, October 17, 2014

Charitable Golf

Day 25:  It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL fall day!  I was blessed to help my friend Trish with a charity golf tournament for the Wounded Warrior Project.  The mountains were a lovely backdrop to the colorful fall trees and pristine grounds.  Truly it was a breathtaking sight!

I have only golfed twice in my life--once in sweltering heat in CA where I near passed out from dehydration, and the last time in VA when I borrowed a friend's clubs and broke one in half on my first swing!  Needless to say I did NOT golf today.  But, I was able to help with registration and then drove around for 4 hours in a golf cart, stopping to take lots of pictures.

I'm a regular supporter of Wounded Warriors, and it was so awesome to see so many people donate extra funds for such a worthy cause-helping provide for those who have put their life on the line for our country, our people, and our freedom.  It's tragic that there are so many in this country that really don't seem to appreciate the sacrifice!

There are many who do not appreciate God's sacrifice-He gave His Son to die to save you and I.  There is no greater gift, and yet so many reject it.

Telling people "Thank you!"  is certainly a wonderful thing.  However, our verbal appreciation is not likely to provide help or healing for tangible needs.  Truly, our actions witness our gratitude to the one/One who gave so much.  And, maybe those who have been less than grateful recipients will come to understand the importance of such a sacrifice. 

Please, God, bless!

"What good does it do, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith but does not prove it with actions? This kind of faith cannot save him, can it? 15 Suppose a brother or sister does not have any clothes or daily food 16 and one of you tells them, “Go in peace! Stay warm and eat heartily.” If you do not provide for their bodily needs, what good does it do? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it does not prove itself with actions, is dead."  Jas 2:14-17 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment