Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Serious Cow

The Serious Cow--for Laura
Day 16:  Probably my most ridiculous doodle to date.  My pal Laura and I were chatting at work. Something about how crazy things are.  As we talked about the ridiculous, she gestured towards my Chick-fil-a cow fan, and said, "You should draw a cow--and make him serious."  Giggle!

So, I did...I drew a serious cow.

Sometimes we need a bit of the ridiculous to focus our perspective. I suppose that is what the verse in Isaiah is supposed to do.  Normally bears will attack and eat a cow. Here God gives us another preview of his awesomeness.  Of course, I can only imagine how this went!

Bear:  "Cow, this is a lovely dinner party!"  
Cow:  "Thank you!  Some more grass for you, Bear?"  
Bear:  "Oh no, Cow, thank you.  I'm quite full.  Goodness, will you look at our crazy kids playing together!"  
Cow:  "So sweet!  Besties!"

I pray you have a lighthearted moment in your day!

Please, God, bless!

"The cow and the bear will graze,  and their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox."  Is 11:7

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment