Thursday, October 16, 2014

Time for a Haircut

Day 24:  It happens to me every time.  One week I think my hair is just how I want it, only to realize the following week its driving me crazy and NEEDS to be cut.  Fortunately for me, my "hair magician", Danielle, had an opening tonight.  Nothing like good cut to make you feel like a new person...even if no one else notices the difference!

I can't imagine what it would be like to never cut your hair.  Imagine the split ends!    That was something that always intrigued me about Samson.  Think about it-up until Delilah, the boy never had a haircut!  There was good reason of course, and we can dissect the symbolic nature of the story another time.  Suffice it to say that his God-given strength was possible only when physically evidenced by the outward dedication to God-his long locks.  Once his hair was cut, his strength was gone.

As a child of the 80's, I know big hair.  Yet, big hair, long hair, curly hair, straight hair-I don't ever recall my hair making me inwardly or outwardly stronger-except maybe in my neck muscles to tote the giant helmet of hair.  Thankfully, I know where my strength comes from; it has nothing to do with hair, and everything to do with God.

Please, God, bless!

    "The LORD is my strength and song,
      and he has become my salvation.
    This is my God and I’ll praise him,
      the God of my father and I’ll exalt him."  Ex 15:2

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment