Friday, October 10, 2014

'Coasters and Cake

Day 18:  My son had a teacher's workday today, so I took my boy to Kings Dominion to celebrate-just the two of us since his Dad was at work. It was a lot of fun since we both love thrill rides, and it was really nice to have that "mom" time. Now that he's getting older, those times seem to be less frequent.

So my doodle today was inspired by hanging with my boy on his birthday.  (Again, I will note that I'm not very good at doodling people, and even less so with colored pencils.  But, I figure I'll eventually figure it out. In the meantime, you can giggle over it.) I thank God for days like today, when I have the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful gift of my son.  

Please, God, bless!

"Now Samuel was ministering in the LORD’s presence, as a boy wearing a linen ephod. His mother would make a small robe for him, and she would bring it each year when she went up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice." 1 Sam 2:18-19 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment