Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Larger Than Life

Day 22:  I wasn't feeling so hot today so I stayed home.  Wanting to be productive I decided to start Christmas shopping.  Each year I have a theme for all of the presents we buy extended family and friends-can you guess by this picture what my theme is this year? (wink!)

I admit, I am a huge Disney fan.  Its hard to go to Disneyworld, or sail the cruise and not buy into Mickey-Mania.  Mickey Mouse is almost a character that is larger than life.  A mouse with a theme park, merchandise, movies, tv shows, clothing, home decor-you name it! You say MICKEY, I say MOUSE!

God is larger than life-after all, He created it.  When I need a reminder of how incomprehensibly HUGE God is, that He is ALWAYS in control, I go to the end of Job.  Job and his "friends" have engaged in a lengthy discourse regarding the cause of his misfortune.  His pals are replete with accusations, and Job equally adamant with his defense.  Then God speaks, and sets them straight on just how ignorant they are about Him.

Mickey may be an icon, but he is NO comparison to God!

Please, God, bless!

                "Where were you when I created the earth?
                 Tell me, since you know so much!
                 Who decided on its size? Certainly you’ll know that!
                 Who came up with the blueprints and measurements?

                 How was its foundation poured,
                 and who set the cornerstone,
                 While the morning stars sang in chorus
                 and all the angels shouted praise?
                 
                 And who took charge of the ocean
                 when it gushed forth like a baby from the womb?
                 That was me! I wrapped it in soft clouds,
                 and tucked it in safely at night.

                 Then I made a playpen for it,
                 a strong playpen so it couldn’t run loose,
                 And said, ‘Stay here, this is your place.
                 Your wild tantrums are confined to this place.’" 
           Job 38:3–11 MSG

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment