Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Seedling

Day 103: I had so many things I planned to do today, but the gloomy weather, the rain, and the damp cold beckoned me to relax at home.  A cozy option, I think.

On this third day of the year, I have read and reread several times the account of the creation on the third day.  I have included the text here.
"Then God said, “Let the water beneath the sky come together into one area, and let dry ground appear!” And that is what happened: God called the dry ground “land,” and he called the water that had come together “oceans.” And God saw how good it was. Then God said, “Let vegetation sprout all over the earth, including seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each kind containing its own seed!” And that is what happened: Vegetation sprouted all over the earth, including seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each kind containing its own seed. And God saw that it was good. The twilight and the dawn were the third day." Gen 1:9-13
On this third day, God consolidated the waters to seas, brought forth the land, and created the first form of life-vegetation.  Each plant was coded to reproduce its own kind (via seeds), and some brought forth fruit.  

As I sit here in the back room, I can't help but be in awe.  Not only am I provided focus, clarity, and hope (the LIGHT), but protection (the CANOPY), air and food (LAND AND VEGETATION). Just as parents prepare for the arrival of the child, so too the Lord is preparing for His children.

As the Lord prepares me to be a light to the World, I am to share the good news- that all have sinned and that God has provided a protected connection for us between heaven and earth-Jesus.   I am to provide as God lays on my heart life giving sustenance, be it friendship, prayer, counsel, practical needs, etc.

On this day third day God declared a double blessing.  May you, on this third day of 2015, be doubly blessed!

Please, God, bless!

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment