Monday, January 5, 2015

Hidden Treasure

Day 105:  Today was a great day! Why? Because its a day God made. Too often that fact gets lost in our busyness, when really the truth is that when we are blessed with another day it is truly a gift.

It was the first major day back to work, and it was pretty busy. But, I am so blessed to work with super people, even if there is a stress due to politics. And, for once, I am able to get my checklist done, so that's always a bonus.

Sometimes, we have to seek the treasure hidden in our days. It could be as simple as a kind word, a smile, or a hug from a family member or friend. It could be a thank you, a good deed, or focusing on a blessing God so graciously gave you.

On reading the text for Day 5, I was reminded again of hidden treasure. The text here is below:
"Then God said, “Let the oceans swarm with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth throughout the sky!”  So God created every kind of magnificent marine creature, every kind of living marine crawler with which the waters swarmed, and every kind of flying bird. And God saw how good it was. God blessed them by saying, “Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the oceans. Let the birds multiply throughout the earth!” The twilight and the dawn were the fifth day" Ge 1:20–23 ISV
God made birds and fish. Did you know there are fish in the deepest of seas that only until recently were discovered? There are also birds so rare they are only found in the remotest of places. What is the point of some of these creatures, if they are never seen, or not known? I'm not sure, but being made for God's pleasure is always a good answer. And, when these creatures are seen, to some its like a gift, the hidden treasure that God planned for us to find.

The little birdie in my doodle isn't rare but it is one of my favorites, one we frequently see in our bird feeder outside the window. Even that little bird, can be my hidden treasure some days.  What is yours?

Please, God, bless!

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment