Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sun, Moon, & Stars

Day 104:  It was another gloomy day, but I was quite productive, thankfully.  I spent the day getting things done and preparing for the week ahead.

Today is day 4 of 2015, so I'm going to briefly talk about day 4 of creation. The text is shown below.
"Then God said, “Let there be lights across the sky to distinguish day from night, to act as signs for seasons, days, and years, 15 to serve as lights in the sky, and to shine on the earth!” And that is what happened: 16 God fashioned two great lights—the larger light to shine during the day and the smaller light to shine during the night—as well as the stars. 17 God placed them in the sky to shine on the earth, 18 to shine both day and night, and to distinguish light from darkness. And God saw how good it was. 19 The twilight and the dawn were the fourth day." Gen 1:14–19 ISV
This is one of my favorite few passages because it tells us that God made the sun, moon, and stars to be signs for us. The Hebrew word used for seasons is "moed", which actually means appointed times. So, in short, God gave us the signs in the stars to let us know when the Godly appointments are. This is evident in the Christmas story of Christ's birth, and the star.  There are many other incredible aspects to this, and I encourage you to check out E.W. Bullinger, The Witness of the Stars. It's truly amazing!

The Bible itself refers to the stars, for example in Ps 147, Isa 40, and Job 38.  The Mazzoroth, or the Zodiac as we probably know it-which today has been misused as a tool of the enemy with astrology and horiscope-was actually very important to the Jews as it told a story.  Can you guess what that story is? The gospel story, of course!

On this fourth day, I thank God for the gift of each day, and I praise Him for putting markers in the heavens so that we can be in awe of how wonderfully he has orchestrated all things.

Please, God, bless!

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view



No comments:

Post a Comment