Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Delight

Day 127:  Today when I came home our dog was just so thrilled to see me. She was just happy, wagging her tail, bouncing around....I looked at my boys-husband and son-who seemed unfazed that the ever-loving wife and mom walked in the door.So I said to my dog, "I'm so glad someone is happy to see me! I think the boys need to be like you, just happy that someone is here!"  

Immediately my dear husband starts jumping around, grabs me and jumps around with me, excitedly saying, "I'm so glad your here!  I'm so happy to see you!" How can you not laugh? Goodness, I love that man!

Part of my memory verses this week is in Psalms, "Delight yourself in the Lord..." What does it mean to be delighted, really? I'm sure others have their own ideas, but it seems like the pup has the right concept. Regardless of what's going on, she's just delighted that we're here. Wouldn't it be amazing if we really, truly, delighted in the Lord, each and every day? Wouldn't that change how we live, how we trust, how we minister? Sure, we have times when bad things prevent us from jumping for joy. But still, we can delight in our Lord, in his comfort, his love, and his peace.

So, today, why not take a moment, and be delighted in the God who loves you?

Please, God, bless!

"Delight yourself in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Ps 37:4 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment