Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Curveball

Day 128:  Today was a weird day.

This morning my kid was frantic about not finding his jacket, and after supposedly looking all over he in desperation asks me to help him find it--right as I'm walking out the door for work.  I relent since it is cold, go up to his room, and there it is on the floor.  He didn't look very hard.  Needless to say I was annoyed.

This morning, after two bad weather days, I figured I should wear the clothes I ironed for the week, so I threw on my dress and heels, and went to work.  After all its warm inside.  About 4pm the fire alarm goes off at work.  It's 31 degrees outside, and we were outside for about 45 minutes.  By the time we got back in, my toes were so cold they hurt, my legs were numb, and tonight I'm still trying to warm up.

I received confirmation earlier in the day that a briefing we put together for leadership had the right content.  I sent the slides over, and right before I left I received an email form leadership that the slides weren't remotely what they requested.  I will be heading in early to redo the whole thing as I have a class starting lunchtime.

I get home and my poor husband, who is usually, abnormally, weirdly healthy, feels lousy.

Some days life seems to throw me a few unexpected curveballs to catch me off balance.  But, it is no surprise to God.  He knows how my day is going to go.  I just have to trust God that He will act...even if that act is to gently reassure me that He's got this!

Please, God, bless!

Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him, and he will act. Ps 37:5

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment