Saturday, January 17, 2015

Crab Chowder

Day 117:  When I am not coming home tired from work, I enjoy cooking dinner.  Today I tried something new, corn and crab chowder. Making it was easy...except it seems I didn't have the Old Bay seasoning--so I had to make my own. And, I didn't realize we used all the corn.  Fortunately, I had an extra cup of crab meat (thanks to Costco's supersize container), so instead of corn and crab chowder, it was just crab chowder. While I didn't have the exact ingredients, in the end, it came out really good (I think so, anyways), and it was super easy.

It's kind of weird how what is a chore in some circumstances can be joyful in another. Its the same with cleaning. I like to clean and organize when I have the time to do it, but when I don't, its overwhelming. Maybe it is all just a matter of perspective.

When I didn't have the right ingredients, I just shrugged it off, and substituted with what I had on hand. If I substituted a Godly perspective vice a worldly perspective on things, I think that goes a long way in having all I need to do good things.

Please, God, bless!

"Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work." 2 Co 9:8 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment