Saturday, January 31, 2015

Farmers Only

Day 131:  It was a very low key day. One big outing to Costco--along with everyone else shopping for Superbowl parties.  It was a madhouse! I think that took alot out of my sweetie who was thinking the outing would do him good...not so sure. He's a bit under the weather, so I spent the rest of the day hanging out with him in the living room while he watched his man-shows.

One thing about these man-shows--the commercials are... umm.. interesting....It seems that a lot of farmers watch man-shows, because I have been inundated by the farmersonly.com commercials. In fact, I find myself humming the "You don't have to be lonely...." jingle. Remember the Dr. Pepper jingles?  Or "Coke is it!"? I could probably sing a hundred commercial jingles, and believe me, its not intentional!   Isn't interesting how attune we are to music?

It shouldn't be surprising. All through the Bible we see song being used to teach, remember, lament, praise, and worship. I think God is trying to teach us something about music and the way it reaches our memory.  Maybe I'll have to start using jingle tunes, and put a verse to that music.

Please, God, bless!

"Now therefore write this song and teach it to the people of Israel. Put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the people of Israel."  Deu 31:19 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment