Friday, January 2, 2015

Kimchi Konnection

Day 102:  We went for  New Year's Korean Dinner with some of our besties!  Great way to start the year--with some kimchi pancakes, bulgogi and soju. (I admit I've never done a 5 minute doodle of kimchi before...crazy, huh?!) I love food because it is a universal connector between people.

Day 2 in creation talks about a separation, but a connector as well.  The text is here below.
"Then God said, “Let there be a canopy between bodies of water, separating bodies of water from bodies of water!” So God made a canopy that separated the water beneath the canopy from the water above it. And that is what happened: God called the canopy “sky.” The twilight and the dawn were the second day."Gen 1:6-8 ISV
I know that God created Light so I could see. But then on day 2 there is a separation, in this case between the waters. So, I have Light to see, but there is a divide between the raging seas below and the heavens above. But wait...between the waters is an expanse-but its not just vapor--its solid, like a firmament, a canopy-something tangible between the two. This provides some protection, some shelter, some solid footing in the middle-neither here nor there.  

It is notable that God never declared this scenario "good" or "beautiful", as he declares the creation of the other days. I wonder.. is it because God never wanted this kind of a separation, yet it had to be since he knows the end from the beginning?

It may not be "good", but it is Gracious and Merciful that God provides us this middle ground beneath the rage of the deep and the heavens above until our time comes to join Him, and for that I am thankful...I'm also thankful that some good Korean food is a way to connect and express the family connection between friends.  :)

Please, God, bless!

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment