Thursday, January 1, 2015

Let there be Light!

Day 101:  The first day of the year! Even though it's just another day, it's the idea that it's new-a new start, a new chance, unblemished. So many people make resolutions, just to see them broken. So many people have high expectations, which never come to fruition. So, how should I focus on this new year?

I got back to my Genesis Bible study, and in re-reading Chapter 1, I think there is something I can learn from the first week of Creation this first week of 2015.

I'll include the text here for Day 1.


"When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters, God said, “Let there be light!” So there was light.
God saw that the light was beautiful. He separated the light from the darkness, calling the light “day," and the darkness “night.” The twilight and the dawn were day one."  Gen 1:2-5 ISV
My year lays before me, unformed, void of life as it is yet to be. I could carry on and brave the new year as most do, but I feel I need something to give me focus. What else gives us focus, the ability to see clearly but light-and not just light, THE LIGHT! I know that He is good and beautiful! In His love He separates and clarifies for me the light from the darkness of this world. When times of darkness come-as they always do-I can count on Him to always provide some Light in the blackest hours. I also know that after night there will always be day, so I must continue to press through the shadows until I see the Light.

God created the Light--this alone gives me hope for the days to come.

Please, God, bless!

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment