Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Smiling Llama

Day 113:  I am usually in a pretty good mood at the office.  Today I had a frustrating discussion with some folks-it was pretty disappointing.  It definitely impacted my mood.  At that point it really is a willful act to change my attitude and get back to a genuine smile. Being grumpy just makes everything harder!

I have learned something over the course of time...for me at least, if I force myself to smile when I don't feel like it, people respond differently, and it isn't too long after that my mood changes back to being pretty darn glad.  At least with the daily annoyances it seems to be helpful.  Try it some time when you are on the phone.  If you smile when you talk, you somehow sound happier.



I saw a pic of this silly little smiling llama and thought, how fun.  It made me smile.  Did it make you smile?  You see, a smile can be contagious, and your smile definitely can impact your mood as well as others!

Please, God, bless!

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment