Monday, January 19, 2015

BIG Table

Day 119:  Road trip! Today a friend and I dragged our kids out on a short road trip. We went to this cool little restaurant that had a pretty eclectic menu. The theme there is picnic style, so salads and sandwiches were the courses.

We walk in, and there is a GIANT picnic table. I'm not kidding, this thing was HUGE, at least 5.5 ft high! The kids of course gravitated right to it.  It was fun for us adults, too. I felt like a little kid at a grown up table. Definitely a perspective change, and I wondered how on earth did I ever eat at a too big table when I was little?

Sometimes I think we all need a similar perspective check in our lives. In reality, I am small, and God is BIG. He is bigger than me, my problems, my joys, my work, my finances, my family....He is BIGGER. I love the last few chapters of Job where God takes him to task, and questions him. God set the earth in motion. God bounded the seas. God knows when the animals give birth, and hunger. If you haven't read it, you should, especially when you need a reminder of God's HUGENESS.

The best part of all is that I am small, even despised in the world's eyes. But in God's eyes, I am special, and I can't forget that. The perspective of a child--it doesn't mean naivety...it means simple faith; reaching out to the Father for love, comfort, and help; and remembering that I am small, and He is Big.

So next time your feet don't touch the floor, take it as a reminder that God is BIGGER and we are smaller.

Please, God, bless!

"I am small and despised,
Yet I do not forget Your precepts."  Ps 119:141 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

1 comment: