Monday, January 12, 2015

Waiting

Day 112:  Waiting.....we all hate it.  Especially if you've been waiting for something a really, really, long time.  It could be anything--waiting for a line at the DMV or supermarket, a meeting to end, surgery to start, a package, a friend to pick you up, a sickness to pass, grief to end.  It could be something pleasant, like gifts on Christmas morning, a wedding day, first day in a new job....you get the idea.

Like everyone else, waiting is not my thing.  But, it is an essential part of life...and our faith.  Often times God will give us a Word or a Promise, and we may not see any movement for years--just look at Abraham as he waited for his promised son to be born!  Sometimes we are in distress and we are just waiting to get to the other side of it--can you imagine how Moses felt wandering in circles for 40yrs?  Maybe it seems like senseless waiting--traffic, lines, automated customer service lines.

In all of our waiting, God is there with us. I may not know what the Lord is trying to accomplish with my waiting, but staying focused on Him is the only way I can get through it sometimes.  Praying while waiting is always a good response.  It helps me keep the right perspective, and reminds me to trust that God has it all under control.

Please, God, bless!

    "How long, LORD, will I wait expectantly?
      I have placed my hope in you." Ps 39:7 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment