Friday, January 16, 2015

Stereo of Days Gone By

Day 116:  As I was organizing some things in my son's room, I plugged in the radio we had bought him some time ago that he used to use for his CDs.  It was stuffed in the corner and dusty, so I cleaned it off, connected a cable so he could plug in his phone and pump his iHeart into its speakers.

Times have changed.  I thought of my first major purchase as a kid.  I saved up over $100 to buy myself a stereo.  It was silver, with cool, light blue accents.  It had a turntable, dual cassette player, radio and an 8 track, and two boxy speakers.  Times have certainly changed...

I find that things are so very different now than when I was younger.  I'm sure every generation feels that way, but technology has drastically changed our society so much so that information is instant, opinions are unfiltered and rampant, and 5 minutes of fame is cheap.

Some days I find myself longing for days gone by, thinking things were better then, simpler.  Maybe they were, maybe they were my rose-colored glasses.

The Bible tells us that asking why things were so much better before is not wise.  I guess I see the point.  Its fun to reminisce, but yearning for times gone by is a habit of fools. We can't relive the past, and we are progressing-arguably faster-towards the culmination of times.  My focus should be on the here and now, the day that God has given me, the gift of another opportunity to live according to his will and purpose.

Please, God, bless!

    "Never ask “Why does the past seem so much better than now?”
      because this question does not come from wisdom." Ec 7:10 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment