Monday, January 26, 2015

Foolish Chipmunk

Day 126: Well, we didn't get any snow...a let down for my kid.  I doodled a quick, sad, little chipmunk, because that is kind of what my kid looked like this am.  I kind of felt for him, after all they have had snow days with really no snow to play in.

Actually, this chipmunk is rather foolish.  He should be hibernating thru the winter, out of view of the hungry predators who don't really prepare that well for the colder weather.  His folly could cost him dearly.

People can be pretty foolish, which I'm sure comes as no surprise. This morning I was listening to the first few sessions of a Bible study on Proverbs. Proverbs has always been one of my favorite books, and every time I reread any of it, something always strikes me anew. I always tell my son that he should try to learn from the page, because that is preferable to experiencing the consequences of foolish actions.   My hope and prayer for him, as well as myself, is that we will continually learn from this book of Wisdom, and avoid the fate of the scorner, the fool, and the simple.

Maybe our friend, Mr. Chipmunk, should take a read....

Please, God, bless!

The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel:

To know wisdom and instruction,
to understand words of insight,

to receive instruction in wise dealing,
in righteousness, justice, and equity;

to give prudence to the simple,
knowledge and discretion to the youth—

Let the wise hear and increase in learning,
and the one who understands obtain guidance,

to understand a proverb and a saying,
the words of the wise and their griddles.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Prov 1:1-7  ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment