Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cool Evening, Hot Tea

Day 338:  Did you know that I totally love my tea?  I'm sure I've done a couple of tea doodles before. It was an unusually cool evening and my hot tea was so inviting, beckoning the Fall. There is nothing better than tea with a view. I remember being in Maui and having my tea on the balcony looking out towards the neighboring island. Holding my tea mug warmed my hands after waking up to a crisp morning when we went camping. On the cruise, I had my tea as I looked out into the open ocean. I usually have tea in the morning, tea as I read my Bible, and tea as I relax in the evening.

Tea has marked some of the most scenic memories in my life, as well as some of the best times and the most trying times I've experienced.  In fact, tea has been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember. All of my immediate family growing up drank tea, as well as my extended family including grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins.....We are tea people!

These days the talk is all about the health benefits of tea. I have to believe its true. There is something so comforting and soothing about a hot cup of tea! I'm sure that is how God intended it.  

Please, God, bless!

"And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”  Ezekiel 47:12

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment