Friday, August 28, 2015

Fantasy Football

Day 339:  Had the draft for my Fantasy Football team.  Didn't get some of the key folks I really wanted, but who does?  We shall see how things go.  I tend to not be too serious about these things.  I admit, I indulged with some players just because I like them, not necessarily because they are considered top billing.  I also refuse to pick players I abhor.  I suppose that sets me at a disadvantage, but it's football....anything can happen!


Sports are fun.  I even enjoy competition to a certain extent.  But, I refuse to get over-serious about it. When all is said and done, the real prize isn't about trophies and titles.  It's about the eternal prize--being with my Lord. It's all about perspective.

Please, God, bless!

"All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment