Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dandelion Wishes

Day 337:  I remember "wishies".  That's what we used to call dandelions ready to scatter to the wind. Make a wish, blow, and watch the seeds scatter.  I suppose the wish rides along those seeds and somehow it is answered...so we hope.  I wonder if wishing the dandelion's in my yard away would work?

There are lots of such "wish" making avenues.  Throw a penny in a fountain.  Blow out the candle for a birthday.  I'm not knocking it.  I find it fun and nostalgic.  But certainly blowing my heartfelt desires into the wind--and spreading weeds in the process--is hardly an effective means to receive any sort of response.

When I pray, I know God hears me.  I know he always answers me.  Jesus said,

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."  Mark 11:24 ESV

Many people like to confuse this point, assuming the Lord is a genie that grants any indulgent wish we may have.  Not true. What we pray for should always align to his will, be pure in motive and glorifying to Him.  So, what about things that seem to be in His will, like healing?  That's a tough one.  I do know that many, many ministries have been borne out of sickness, trials, and adversity. While the trials may be crushing, remember that it is sometimes necessary to release the fragrance.

So, when you ask, believe that you have recieved your answer, but also be willing to accept that it may not be in the way you expect or hope.    

Please, God, bless!



Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment