Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Project Manager's Lesson for the Day

Day 323:  I am a project manager, and as such I am a firm believer in good planning before running of to execute.  Every large project should have a charter that includes the direction, problem to be solved, objectives, assumptions, and scope at a minimum.  This lays a good foundation for the project, provides clear direction and the ability to gauge success, as well as preventing scope creep.


Tonight I was listening to 1 Corinthians while I was doing something, and I was struck by the verse that talked about our foundation, Jesus Christ.  Just like with a project charter, Jesus provides clarity, direction, tells me what success looks like in God's eyes, and keeps it simple.  Man likes to add a bunch of rules, which is scope creep.  But if the foundation is secure, you realize it is out of scope and should not be incorporated into our faith-life.

Please, God, bless!

"For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."  1 Cor 3:11 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment