Sunday, August 30, 2015

Puzzled

Day 341:  I was working on a really cool Disney puzzle, 1000 pieces, and we were really struggling to get the frame together.  We had the end pieces out, and I had all the pieces put together in sections, but the main sections weren't meeting up,....it was a few pieces longer on the top than the bottom.  I spent the next 15 minutes carefully examining the pieces I had put together and eventually noticed that something looked ever so slightly off.  A piece that seemed to fit, really didn't.  After more looking, I found the other pieces, and it was the same thing.  While they seemed to fit, upon closer examination, they really didn't...they were a teensy weensy bit off.

Have you ever had that experience, when things seem to be just right, and then you find out that things are not so peachy keen?  How about when you hear a sound bite and you find out later it is "mostly" true, that there are some elements of the story that don't quite fit?

Truth is a rare commodity these days. These days truth is so co-mingled with deception that everything you see, hear or read must be examined closely.  How scary is that?  We can't even trust our senses any more, as technology quickly advances.  Pictures can be photoshopped, voices changed, soundtracks edited, etc.

The only Truth that is unchanging and unwavering is the Word of God.  No matter what people say or do to discredit it, it remains unscathed.  Sure, people will disagree...they read a book, or saw something on tv.  But, good solid scholarship, without an agenda shows differently.  I know the rock upon which I stand.  Do you know yours?

Please, God, bless!

"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come."  John 16:13 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment