Friday, August 14, 2015

Rick-Rolled

Day 324:  My kid has been giggling between him and his pals about being "Rick-Rolled"...it seems they end each other videos and links that look seemingly normal for the content they are supposed to have--when suddenly Rick Astley pops on the screen swaying and belting out, "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you do-ow-own...."  They think its hysterical, and frankly I did too. I remember the carrot-topped singer's 1987 vid debut.  It was kind of funny, aside from the awkward swaying, but the body and voice seemed, well, mismatched. Little guy, big voice.

Throughout history there are many interesting mismatches.  Moses was a prince's son, and left it behind to lead the Hebrews to freedom.   Gideon was a coward and let his people to victory.  Paul was the Jew of Jews and became the primary force behind spreading the gospel to the Gentile world.  God uses the weak for great purpose..the most fascinating mismatch. Just something to think about next time you get "Rick-Rolled"!

Please, God, bless!

"But God chose what is nonsense in the world to make the wise feel ashamed. God chose what is weak in the world to make the strong feel ashamed." 1 Cor 1:27 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment