Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Skin Tight Jeans

Day 316:  Today I saw and reposted a video that brought me back to my teens, and era when skin tight jeans were the thing....Jordache, Allesio, Sergio, Sassoon, Calvins, etc.  They put skinny jeans to shame.  They were not nearly as stretchy as today's skinny's, and cut so that you literally had to squeeze yourself into these things like a sausage casing!  Just as in this video, I remember jumping around the room struggling to pull my jeans on.  Does anyone remember struggling to pull the zipper up? Remember using a fork and hoping you didn't slip and stab yourself?  And when you finally got them on, they were hardly comfortable.  Sitting at a desk for hours was almost torturous! And when you took them off at night, you could see the outline of the stitching on your legs...it was like you never took them off.  And, just when your skins resumed its normal state and stitch imprints faded, it was time to start the jump-off-the-roof-into-my-jeans routine again.

Why did we do it?  Why did we wear them? The same reason fluorescent pant,s parachute pants, members only jackets, acid wash, shredded jeans, etc were worn.  It was "in".  Its no different than any other era of fashion absurdity.  Maybe that's why today I prefer a giant sweatshirt and comfy pants. The older I get, the less I seem to care about looking "in", as long I wear what I like vice what the masses like.  I strive to at least be presentable...and on weekends even THAT is questionable.

I know its easy to spend an awful lot of time and energy on things that really don't matter.  All the money I spent on those jeans to look ridiculous AND be uncomfortable!

Now, if Exersoles came back........

Seriously, don't love the things of the world.

Please, God, bless!

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."  1 John 2:15-17 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment