Thursday, August 13, 2015

Promises

Day 324: Things don't always work out the way I plan them.  I had planned to take the day off.  Then yesterday, being rather behind, I figured I would come in for the morning.  The morning turned into lunch, and it was 2pm when I finally left.  In the end it worked out well, I got some things done I had committed to complete this week, and I still had plenty of daylight to enjoy with the hubby. The promise of a nice evening spurred me along despite my shortcomings and long-stayings!

I was reading in 2 Peter again, and I was struck by the fact that through Jesus' glory and excellence he has given us these amazing promises.  Merriam Webster defines a promise as "1a:  a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified.  b:  a legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act".  So, its very reassuring to know that I will be receive what the Lord has so graciously declared will be mine. Sometimes these promises are exactly what I need to re-energize me to keep pressing on.  In Willmington's Book of Bible Lists, it documents some of the many awesome promises I know God has already and will continue to keep! I expect to receive every one of them!

  • Answers to Prayer
  • Assurance
  • Cleansing
  • Comfort
  • Companionship
  • Deliverance
  • Fruitfulness
  • Growth
  • Guidance
  • Hope
  • Joy
  • Knowledge
  • Liberty
  • Peace
  • Rest
  • Strength
  • Wisdom
  • Victory 

Please, God, bless!

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the full knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and excellence. Through these he has given us his precious and wonderful promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, seeing that you have escaped the corruption that is in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Pet 1:3-4 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment