Saturday, March 7, 2015

Birthday Anniversary

Day 166:  As I sit on the eve of another birthday, I've given up trying to come up with pithy little ways to account for my age. I think I'll just stick to the fact that its an anniversary. Its a sad fact that we don't really know enough to live wisely until we are too old to have a complete redo. Sure, you can live every day until the fullest. But lets face facts, certain things you just can't go back and redo as they are the privileges of the young.

As I am daily barraged by the hormones and self-centered drama of my son's upcoming teen years, I am all the more aware of how quickly time goes--and how important it is to learn from the page vice experience in some of life's hard lessons.  So, I thought I would put down a few things that maybe-just maybe-he could learn from his aging mom.


  • Your confidence should not come from what other people think of you;  Its based on knowing who you are in God's eyes. 
  • Words can build up or destroy.  Be careful what you say, because you can never take your words back.
  • Your tone and facial expression will betray you; don't play it off as a joke and further insult people.  Be honest and straightforward.
  • You rarely will get a do over; take care to be thoughtful, diligent, cautious, and prayed-up before you do anything.
  • Every decision you make has an impact.  Never believe you can do something without somehow affecting someone else.  Always seek God for direction.
  • Life is short.  Live each day, don't get through it.  
  • You will have regrets.  Don't dwell on them.
  • Hobbies and entertainment are fine, but don't let them crowd out time with those who love you most.  
  • Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to.  Put on a smile, generate your own cheer, and you will be much happier in life.
  • Experience things.  You can read about something, or you can do it.  You can see it on YouTube, or you can LIVE it.  
  • A good story always has trials to be overcome.  So will you, so don't be afraid of them--Trust God, and know there is a happy ending.  
  • Truth is NOT relative.  
  • Don't mistake discipline or correction for punishment or criticism.  
  • Know that you are loved more than you can imagine.  There is a plan and purpose for your life, even if you don't understand what that is.  


Please, God, bless!

"So teach us to number our days, That we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Ps 90:12

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment