Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fresh as a Daisy

Day 171:  It's finally starting to warm up after a crazy few weeks of snow and cold.  In my hope to move spring along, I quickly sketched out a daisy.  I love spring flowers.

Spring brings new life.  Therefore some people think of the  seasons as birth, (spring), life (summer), fall (aging), and death (winter).

As is usually the case, I think of things a little differently.  I tend to think of fall (decay, sin), winter (death, dying to self), spring (new life in Christ), summer (bearing fruit).  Maybe that is why I love having 4 seasons?  It's a picture of the Christian life, and not just in becoming a Christian.  Its an every day, many times a day journey.  The moment we are washed clean we become like small children scrubbed and in their Sunday's finest--itching to jump in puddles and play in the dirt!  Sin creeps in, even if its not visible to others, but is a sin of the heart.  The good news is, we can be washed clean, as the Lord Jesus paid the penalty for our sins.

When I see spring flowers, I am reminded that as flawed as I am, and as many times as I mess up, I am forgiven anew.  I have a fresh start with a do-over, a new life in Christ.

Please, God, bless!

"Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!" Ps 51:2

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment