Saturday, March 14, 2015

Drummer Jen

Day 173:  I decided it was time I start learning to play my drums.  My sweetie bought me drums as a gift a couple of years ago as I've always been an armchair rocker-girl.  I bought a drum lesson course, but just never found time to learn how to play them.

Today I spent a few hours figuring out how to get the drums where they are comfortable, and started out playing quarter notes and sixteenth notes.  Fortunately the reading music part I get, since I read music to play the flute.  It's more of a matter of remembering what is at what "note", and even more so about getting each appendage to operate independently. Even though I'm just smacking a super simple beat with arms and legs awkwardly trying to sync up, I felt like a rock star...Ha! Thus, my doodle today is Jen Ledger, Skillet's awesome drummer.


All through history, people have praised the Lord with music and instruments.  Music has such a powerful effect on us, that its exciting to me that God loves music so. I can't imagine that God limits himself to just church choir music.  Though very lovely and emotional, it just doesn't effect people the way house music makes you want to dance, jazz makes you want to groove, or metal makes makes you want to pound to the bass line.  I imagine the heavy metal in Heaven totally ROCKS! Hopefully I will be a bit of a better drummer by the time I get there.

Please, God, bless!

"Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!" Psalm 150:4 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment