Monday, March 9, 2015

Wishing for a Fairy Godmother?

Day 168:  Disney is releasing an updated, non-animated version of Cinderella.  I have to admit I love Cinderella.  I love the fairy godmother turning a pumpkin into a coach, turning rags into a dress full of bling, and need I mention the shoes???  It's a fairy tale to be sure, the unfortunate lass finding her inner (and outer) beauty, love, and happiness.

I think most people at one time or another wished they had a fairy godmother, or if you were like me you wished you WERE a fairy godmother!  Someone to  grant wishes, fix the mess, and make the impossible possible.

The funny thing is, I DO have a protector who can do all of the above-God.  God has the power to do ALL things.  However, God is NO fairy godmother.  The difference is, God is all knowing, just, merciful and gracious; God always has a plan.  So, while He has the power to grant my innermost desires, to cleanup my self-inflicted disasters, and make all things possible, He doesn't always do so.

Why?

Lots of reasons, I'm sure. My desires may not be healthy or justified.   His intervention may not be in my best interest.  It could be that my suffering serves a valued purpose-to refine me, prepare me, or build my character.  It might be that there is a much grander plan that is much greater than my self-centered view of the world.  The truth is, I may not know at the time--or ever in my mortal life-- since my perspective is limited by what I know or have experienced.  In any case,  God has the power to work wonders beyond my comprehension--and he knows the end of the story before it even begins.

So, while I still enjoy a good fairy tale, I know that for a true tale of wonder I'll leave it to God to direct my story.

Please, God, bless!

"You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment