Saturday, March 21, 2015

Go Bananas!

Day 180: Normally on the weekends I spend a little more time on my doodle, but not today.  I was busy indulging some other creative projects, namely trying to get familiar with some video editing software I have.  When it came time to doodle, I am pooped out.  So I doodled bananas.

My family eats a TON of bananas.  I'm not kidding, I buy them 4 bunches at a time, and they are usually gone by mid-week.  And today I had to make another banana run.  Someone told me once bananas are God's perfect food.  It gives you energy, its high in potassium, can help raise serotonin levels to combat depression, can help recovery from a hangover, can help relieve stress, and so much more.  Plus, they taste really good, and when frozen make a GREAT ice cream with no other ingredient but a liquid of your choice.

Why am I talking about bananas?  My family loves them, but they aren't as completely knowledgeable about all things bananas.  Isn't that true of God?  I love God, but there are so many things I don't understand. Even so, I trust He is good for me, and has my best interest at heart. I guess my point is, you can know a lot about God, and still know very little, because He is so huge, so amazing, so magnificent.  He knows all things, the beginning to the end.  I could live 5 lifetimes and still not know all there is to know about Him.

I suppose that's the cool part.  My relationship with God will never grow stale, and will always be exciting as long as I pursue Him.  So, the next time you think about bananas, remember there is so much more to them than a tasty snack.  Likewise God is so much more than we can imagine.

Please, God, bless!

"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe." Deuteronomy 10:17 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment