Friday, March 6, 2015

Too Cool

Day 165: My son is at the age when he is too cool for school.  He likes to wear his sunglasses all the time when we go out.  I'm not sure if its too look cool, to cover his eyes so I can't see him rolling them, or notice him paying attention when he's trying to look bored.

Its funny how when we reach a certain point in our lives, the opinions of others take such a place of importance in our lives.  Then it seems the older we get, the less we care about people's opinions of us.  I suppose that's because we realize we've lived a good part of our life limited by such opinions and we long to be free.

Isn't it interesting, then, that we really are free all along?  As we strive to please God vice men, we are freed from these subjective constraints, free to be who God intended us to be.

Please, God, bless!

"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment