Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tyah was Our Basset

Day 181:  Watching TV with the hubby, another pup show.  Having a moment of missing our basset, who was so much fun in her younger years.  We used to go to the park, let her run with the other dogs, and even go down the slide. We had her from 6 wks old until she dies 14 years later of cancer, and her latter years were just sad and painful.  But she was a great pupper-dog, full of love, a howl, and comedic entertainment.

I love object lessons, as I've mentioned, and I think dogs provide a great lesson in unconditional love, loyalty, and comfort.  God loves us unconditionally, provides us comfort when we need it most, and is always with us.

We have a new love-muffin now, in our pitbull/pointer mix, Dari.  She is sweet, gentle, loving, and almost a little awkward as she seems to have legs too long for her body at times.  But Tyah will always have a place in our hearts.

I did a super fast sketch of a sort of basset, not necessarily Tyah, because I didn't have time to grab a picture and was in a bit of a hurry.  

Please, God, bless!

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him" 1 John 4:16 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment