Thursday, March 26, 2015

Passover Peaches

Day 185:  If you don't know what Pesach is, it's Passover in Hebrew. There's this funny video that I had pulled up years ago to teach my boy the difference between Passover and Easter.  And I have to say, it still cracks me up.  In this video, one of the characters sends out a tweet about the Pesach festival....but he forgets the "s", so it goes out as a Peach festival.  Suddenly, thousands of people start sending in questions about peaches, and no one seems to know why. It just strikes me as funny. So, I quickly doodle-e-dood a peach basket.

In all seriousness, Passover is one of my favorite holidays, more so than Easter.  And, no, none of us are Jewish.  So, why do I like it so much? Well, for starters, Jesus celebrated Passover.....he didn't celebrate Easter.  In fact, Easter's origins are completely pagan, but I'll save that saga for another day.  Passover is an engaging object lesson in the form of a ceremonial dinner that tells the story of the Exodus from Egypt.  But, did you know it also tells the gospel story?  And, you get to drink wine, eat great food, watch the kids wrinkle their nose at the horseradish, and enjoy good company.

Please God, bless!

"And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb, his disciples said to him, “Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the Passover?” And he sent two of his disciples and said to them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him, and wherever he enters, say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says, Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ And he will show you a large upper room furnished and ready; there prepare for us.” And the disciples set out and went to the city and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover." Mark 14:12-25 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment