Friday, March 20, 2015

Season of Singing

Day 179:  First day of spring, and we had snow.  I felt kind of like the weather, a bit gloomy, tired, and melancholy.  I suppose this is why I sketched out some quick dahlia petals....in hopes that spring will finally dawn and the harsh weather will sleep for a season.  In time the colors will brighten the gloomiest days, and the hope of sweet perfume and ripened fruit await those who are patient.

I admit I succumbed to the weariness of the day.  I knew I should have gotten up and been productive, but I didn't.  As I reflect this evening, I don't have regret.  I have hope, because I know as I am down, there is a Hand to lift me up.
 
Thank the Lord, for He is our eternal hope, our light in the darkness, our sweetness in the bitter, our harmony in the dissonance, our joy in the sadness, our comfort in grief, our peace in the chaos, and our life in death.

Please, God, bless!

"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land."  Song of Solomon 2:12 NIV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment