Thursday, March 5, 2015

Whiter than Snow

Day 164:  My mom looked out the window and commented on how beautiful the snow makes everything look.  I agree.  I love fresh, fallen snow, how it frames the trees, and covers everything with a crisp, glistening white.  It is so clean, so pure...it makes me sigh in awe.

And then someone walks in it.  A driveway gets shoveled.  A plow comes through.  Cars drive in the slush, and what had been made lovely is now dirty, filthy, messy, and ugly.  The longer the snow is there, the more unbearable it becomes.  Only when I see a new snow, does it look pure and lovely again.

I love the object lesson.  The Lord will cleanse my sin, but it is only a short time before I am immediately blackened again with my offenses against God. Only until I repent will I be cleansed again, whiter than snow.

"...Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Ps 51:7b

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment